Monday, November 14, 2005

Theme: True Happiness

I have been giving a lot of thought lately into the whole idea around happiness. A funny thing began to happen. The more I have inquired into what true happiness is the happier I find my self. I have also realized how easy it is for me to get way off track in the success game thinking that more of something will actually make me happier in some way. It is so easy to get caught up in THE SOMETHINGS MISSING GAME and if I were just able to get IT whatever IT is that is missing I would be happy. I know logically happiness is an inside job I mean I get it I am sort of enlightened but I found that I started to settle. You know what I mean by settle. The nice house, the sports car, the motorcycle, the lifestyle all the little desires that temporarially satiate me and make me happy. I mean I know better these are all the external prompts that have nothing to do with my true happiness. So I ask myself "Greg if you know so much about true happiness why do you get so far off track?" because I have begin to settle. And settling is good for know one least of all myself. You see happiness is both the simplest and yet most difficult path to live. It takes a commitment often daily of making happiness my number one priority.

No comments: